One enjoyable day out, is on a steam railway! Whether miniature, narrow gauge or full gauge, there are plenty to choose from around the UK, not to mention all the railway museum's as well, and a visit to a railway and trains are always a hit with children!
To make it even more fun, Peter's Railway is hosting a Treasure Hunt this year with the grand prize of £500! All you need to to do is download the quiz sheet for your chosen railway and answer the questions as you enjoy your visit to the railway.
This free competition is for children up to the age of 14 years with a grand prize of £500, 2nd prize of £250 and another prize of £250 for an entrant who has visited the most railways or museums in the Treasure Hunt before the closing date of the 30th September 2013. The more places you visit during the summer, the more points you can win and the entrant with the highest score will win the top prize!
With over 50 railways and museums to choose from, there's bound to be one near you or near wherever you go on holiday! You can get the full list of railways and museums taking part here.
- The competition is organised and sponsored by Peter's Railway entry to the competition is free of charge and is open to persons aged 14 and under on the 30th September 2013 and who are a full time resident in the UK.
- An adult is required to approve the entry to the competition on behalf on the entrant. The adult may be the child's parent, guardian or teacher.
- Only one Quiz sheet per child per site. Repeat visits to a site will not add to your score.
- If several children wish to enter as a group, the person named on the entry sheet will be awarded the points (and the prize money).
- Quiz sheets will be collated using the entrant's name and contact email address, so please make sure this is super-readable.
- Email addresses can be used for occasional Peter's Railway communication and may be given to the railway that you visited. They will not be sold or passed on to anyone else for any reason.
- Entries received after the 30th September will not be counted. Winners will be notified by email within 7 days. If there is no response to the winner's notification email after 10 days, the prize will be re-allocated to the next highest score.
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by a draw.
- Peter's Railway is not liable for lost entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entry. The decision of Peter's Railway is final.
- Send your completed Quiz Sheets, either by snail mail to Treasure Hunt, PO Box 9246, Bridge of Weir, PA11 3WD or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To save on postage, you can keep all your completed Quiz Sheets and send them as a batch - just make sure you can get them to us before 30th September 2013 or they won't be counted!